Monday, September 23, 2024

Things Going On: A Few Billion. Where to Start?

 Things Going On: A Few Billion. Where to Start?

    Kamala versus Donald. Tim versus J.D. People think that is a big deal. They all have their place in our system; we are closer to the next step. Four more years! Of whom? Of what?
                I hope we will all find out.

    Gas prices have been weird, but mostly dropping. I drove my son out to college in the West recently, and prices were pretty steep in Canada. Below 3.00 dollars once in North Dakota. Back here in the eastern states, and in parts of Idaho and Utah, there were prices in the higher 3-dollar range. Today I saw the price in my hometown for close to 3, so I thought I did better in Manassas yesterday. In actually I did not, I filled up for 3.09 U.S. dollars.

    Who knows? I messed up like that in Magna, Utah, a couple Saturdays ago. 3.69 at one place, filling up the rental car, instead of 3.52 a few short blocks later.

    Violence and Mayhem

    Russia is being aggressive in Ukraine, and the Ukrainians have tried striking back into Russia proper. Israel has been blowing up Hizballah folks and bystanders up in Lebanon, and across the West Bank, and of course down in the Gaza Strip. It has been ugly.

    Pagers, walkie talkies, solar panels, even another thing... Seemingly innocuous, but now deadly. 2024 has gotten more dangerous than ever. Drones doing their deadly awfulness. Laptops, maybe the thing in Lebanon.

    Me

    I am working, eighth straight day. I have chosen this life, mostly. Nothing too crazy, just getting by. Doing okay.
    
    Cloudy and rainy day out and about, not too cold at all.

    Malawi complains of climate change disasters, and calls out the big emitters to stop messing up our planet and their country. The world has warmer temperatures, that is pretty evident. Storms and weather calamities are more prevalent. Of course there are more people than ever. More of us affected by detrimental weather events

    What else? People teaching, hiking, going to school, people paid for teaching... That is just my family.

    A few billion other things are happening.

    Both my college football teams are 4-0 and newly among the top 25. I am excited. Winnable games this Saturday.

    And we hope to capture some of this life. Today.

    Sudan has been bad, but not much news lately.

    Latin America? Mexico will get her first lady president in December, I think. A Chilean guy at work gave me some Chilean negativity last week. Oh, well. His thing, not mine.

    More later...

    

No comments:

Post a Comment