Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Advice for a Happy and Calm Life

 Advice for a Happy and Calm Life

I have my ways of dealing with stress and obstacles, impediments and challenges. What works for me may not work for you or anybody else. However, I do make a claim, publicly and privately, to a Source of strength and stability and continual hope that I do believe works for me and surely will work for everyone who uses it. I know thousands of people personally, and millions of others indirectly, that use this same method and it works for them too.
 

Trust God and ask Him for help.  

Is it that simple? In most ways, yes. There are details that follow, for each person...
 
Many people dismiss this simple mantra and formula for various reasons. Like, for example:
 
1. We cannot prove that God exists. Why trust a being that is not there?
2. Too many people claim His power and authority and misuse and abuse that privilege.
3.  Religions claiming an authority or power of God exploit and oppress people.
4. If God exists, He allows too much misery and pain to be considered a trusted or loving God.
5. God does not care about me.
6. God has no power to help me.
7. God may be She. Why does God have to be a male, if He even exists?
 I think that there are hundreds of other variants of the above arguments and statements in view of many different opinions and reasoning out there throughout current and human history.

I understand. So, we have to weigh out the pros and cons. Does worshiping, praying to, and trusting an unseen God have benefits for us? Or is that process of submitting to Him detrimental to us?

Here is my point of view: From my life and who I am, I have personally known between 10 to 20 thousand people of my faith alone who have tried to submit their lives to God and do His will. I have known thousands of others who have done similarly. I believe that the grand majority were indeed benefited by this process. I have also known thousands who have rejected or refused this way, and I feel that they have missed out, ended up losing out on benefits of practicing a lifestyle and attitude of submission to an all-powerful being. This is my bias, sure.

You can decide whether my biased observance is valid or not.
 
I am not sure how many other examples that I have studied, reviewed, and observed through indirect means: television, radio, film, cassette, record, CD, newspaper, magazine, journal, encyclopedia, book, blog, article, paper, thesis, dissertation, and the multi-splenderous ways of the Internet and social media this deep into the 21st century. Thousands.  Some admittedly refer to God and their dependence or inter-dependence with Him. Others do not. 

Take their testimonies for what they are, what they reflect, what they indicate. Sometimes not much, hard to tell. The character Han Solo, who is dubious to the faith of the force, as a fictional character wondering about realities of his fictional world, comes to be a believer. Harrison Ford, on the other hand... Maybe not so much. I have seen him interviewed, multiple times over the years.

Authors, leaders, thinkers, artists. They all have their say.

Go with your gut. Who is happy and calm? Many of them are.

I trust the ones that I have seen and lived with up close. 

I have worshiped and served with thousands of them, none of them perfect or all-knowing. But all of them happy and calm enough for me.

They worship God. They pray to Him. They receive those answers.

I do, too.

That's my advice. Not a perfect formula, but it's the best that I know.

I cannot share anything better. It's that simple.

Trust God and ask Him for help. 

 You will receive answers and help, because that is what He does when asked sincerely.
 
Ask for what you really need and it will be there.

He is there. He will be there for you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment