Wednesday, October 2, 2024

I think his name was Gavin Kreel

 I think his name was Gavin Kreel


    He was 48 years old, super successful and quite a guy from all accounts. He could act, sing, I think dance, the whole kit and kaboodle. 

    I respect actors, singers, dancers. I have done a little here and there. I watch a lot more. I have written a little, but to no real effect on stage or screen. Yet.

    I have acted as a few things in my life, which might have seemed like pretending at times, to myself or others, but in the end, I was my doing things for me, believing in them at the time, and since.

    Like holding the priesthood of God. Not all can do it, or believe in it, or accept it.

    I believe in it. He gave me the power and authority to act in his name. Since my youth.

    When I was 19 years-old I was set apart to be a full-time representative of the Lord, and I did it more or less to the best of my ability for two straight years. It was not always easy, and sometimes it could be frustrating and difficult for a myriad of reasons. But overall, I felt it brough me joy, peace, fulfillment, wisdom, with a share of sadness, or grief, or wonder. It was amazing.

    Gavin played an elder for thousands, if not millions of souls in theaters. He received a lot of acclaim and applause.

    But he was not an elder of the Lord like I was. I know he wasn't. And, he was not part of what I was doing. He was sharing his love and passions for his part, in the play mocking faith and race and a few other things that I find offensive, such as vulgar language.

    Gavin did a lot of other things other than this role as a missionary for my faith.

    So have I.

    Rest in peace, brother. I may see you someday. I hope that we both will share the priesthood of God, for real. No jokes or punchlines about it.

    God will prevail, and I choose to be with Him. I hope we can all do this. Learn, live, repent, and come home to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment