Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Hail to Brooks Robinson, one of the Best of the Best

Hail to Brooks Robinson, one of the Best of the Best

    He was born the month before my own dad in 1937. So, he was 86 when he just died. I did not see him play live, in person but I have seen the numbers and I have heard the stories. A great player. From all accounts, a really good person. He had some of the best hands at third of all time, and he could hit. And win. Orioles won it all in 1966 and 1970, the year of my birth. About that time of year. October and the magic of the national pastime.

    He will be missed, but he generated a lot of memories, good will, greatness, and success.

    Baltimore and the O's are forever part of the nation and its lore. Robinson was among the best of the best. Glad I went to Camden Yards for the first time last year, and got to take in some of the spirit and the nostalgia of such a guy.

    Rest in peace, sure hands. 



No comments:

Post a Comment