Monday, May 24, 2021

Texas Time

 Texas Time

My high school daughter and I are in a race to see who spends more time in the Great State of Texas. So far she has me beat. She has stayed with her cousins outside of Dallas multiple times and even recently, this year alone maybe five weeks.

I have been in the state multiple times but overall not as much. I may be behind her time possibly 3-4 weeks. But I have some chances to catch up; we will see where we are by the end of next year.

My first time: 1982, with my family for spring break, traveling down to Corpus Christi, a bit of time at a condo on the beach.

Second time? A layover, perhaps once in 1990 and again in 1992. In '92 my brother-in-law told me that I should have taken the bump for money. Lesson learned, maybe.

More on Texas travels later... I counted it up on paper a few months ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment