Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Indiana Basketball 2023

 Indiana Basketball 2023

    I watched the first real game of the season last night. I was ... not too impressed. 

    Florida Gulf Coast looks better than what the Athlon Sports magazine picked them. Fifth in their conference? I think they will finish better than that. They have multiple three-point shooters,and they out-rebounded a pretty tall IU squad. A 7-foot Ware, a 6'9" Reneaux, a 6'8" Mbako, Banks a sophomore at 6'8", Walker (friend of a friend!) at 6'8".

    The guards Galloway and Johnson did pretty good, but we loved to see the fire and performance of pesky Gabe Cupps. Dude, he might be the difference. 

    But the bigs have to play better, rebound and defend the perimeter better,

    We have to move the ball faster, put up more shots. Maybe Peyton Sparks (who was hurt, not playing) would be a difference maker? He is 6'10".

    I hope it comes. The young big men have to find their places. And dominate.

    Otherwise... we will lose too much, I fear. I need to see better.

    Go Hoosiers.


No comments:

Post a Comment