Friday, October 6, 2023

Who Are the BYU Beaters? Who Has Won Against the Y the Most in Football? A-E

Who Are the BYU Beaters? Who Has Won Against the Y the Most in Football? A thru E


    Where to start? Denver? Boise State? What football teams have beaten up on my noble Cougars of Provo the most? Utah? Maybe.

    Let us recount the losses and humble pies.

    Maybe alphabetically, but I have mentioned a few culprits already. Arizona State is high on the foe list too. Oh, those Sun Devils.

    Alabama beat BYU in a one-off in 1998. I watched it from my dad's home in Indiana. I invited an Alabama friend to the game but she was non-plussed. I used to feel bad for how low 'Bama had fallen back then.

    UAB. Ugh. Ugly end to a decent season while I was deployed in Kuwait. Watched most of the loss while flying back to the Middle East from my step-mother's funeral in Indiana. 2021.

    Next, the Sun Devil Cougar killers from 1935 to 2021. We beat those Pac-12 baddies in 2021, along with four other conference foes. But we trail Arizona State all time 8-20. It will take a while to catch up with these guys. Yeesh. But if I live to 100, maybe? Now they are both going to be in the Big 12 together...

    Boise State has our number, 5 to 8. Those punks. Ergh! Coaching and kicking led to some of these disasters, most of which I watched this century. I want Bronco blue blood! We got Zach Wilson! But the Broncos have gotten us too much, admitted.
_________________

I will acknowledge that BYU has some ties in the win/loss column all time with a few teams, notably the Arizona Wildcats (12-12-1. Yes, a tie after 24 other games won or lost!) So, there is some payback towards those schools, granted. But I am focusing on deficits here.
_________________


Boston College. The Eagles! From 1985 to 2006, we trail 1-2. We need to play these guys. Make it happen.

And then there was the Cs...

    Coastal Carolina! The one regular season loss in the Covid year of 2020. Awh, so close. But the Chanticleers brought it, and even so barely won there is respect in that. We trail, 0 to 1.

    The Cs get bad with Colorado programs, some that still exist and some that no longer do. Such as:

    Colorado Buffaloes. Losing 3 to 8. See Mr. Prime Time in the Big 12. Should be interesting. Hopefully the Y can recruit with this dynamo. Seems like a tall task.

    Luckily we beat Colorado College and (4-3) and came away with a tie (1-1-1) with College Mines before those institutions stopped intercollegiate football. But not so good with Denver, which whooped the Cougars up 7 wins to 15 losses, from 1933 to 1960. I guess it was serendipitous the school gave up the team. 

    Again, other Colorado schools like CSU we have many wins against, which is good. (39?). That's a lot. On to the Es.

    East Carolina has us down 1 to 2. I saw the first one, in Greeneville. Bad year for BYU. Then they got us last year as I was driving down the road to Bloomington from the airport in Indy. Bummer. My dad doesn't care too much, I didn't tell him when I got there to his house late. BYU still recovered and got 8 wins. We should not have lost that game, and be trailing in the series. From 2015 to 2022. Three games, and last year was close. It was an awful October, after starting the month before well.

 I will continue with the F schools later... 

F for fail, Florida State!




    

    

    


     

No comments:

Post a Comment