Sunday, May 14, 2023

Blogger's Delight - 2023

 Blogger's Delight - 2023

    Sunday mornings I get, or give myself more chances to blog, to write, to think and compose. I did some blogging from 2006 to 2009, which was good for me, and potentially a few others. I like writing most of the time, when I give myself time to do it. Have I been serious enough to the craft of writing to consider myself a writer? Not exactly. But, typing and organizing the language of my thoughts have been helpful and positive to me, at least. Did I get many audiences that read my material? Not really. I have my top ten articles/posts, which usually do not amount to more than 100 viewers/readers. Almost no one comments, other than the occasional follow-ups by yours truly. 

    Have I created more bandwidth fodder for the Chinese to purview and peruse? Perhaps. Maybe they have trackers that deem my commentaries of little use for their purposes. Maybe there are Artificial Intelligence robots that can do this. Incidentally, some of us think that the Chinese of the People's Republic want to take over the world; that they are constantly on the prowl to find out and exploit the United States and the Western World in order to become the biggest superpower, instilling their Maoist and post-Maoist views, visions, and plans upon the rest of us. 

    I blogged a lot about sports in those early years, and a few other things. The two Foxsports blogs were wiped out, sadly. Then in 2014 I started this blog; I feel like I have written a few good things since then. Some memorable pieces, many sentimental, some jog memories that are dissipating and ethereal.

    This year we started a new blog called Artistic Musings, which is supposed to touch on film and art. It has had some critical success. For me, anyway. Some comments, likes, followers. This is blogger progress! Following ‹ Reader — WordPress.com

    Milestones come upon us survivors and those that remain walking and talking. For me now, it is a daughter who has received her Bachelors. That is good, solid, and paid for.

    No small fete. My wife and I helped this happen, and of course the student herself. On to the next chapter!

    Speaking of chapters, I have been writing a book which has 13 or 14 chapters, plus a forward, an explanation, and perhaps two premises. I go up and down about the book consistently. Do I need to trim it of its excess verbiage and comments? It is a purported reflection. Is it to reflective?

    I cannot help but wonder. I decided that the book will have been written by 2022, now that we are deep into 2023.

    So be it.

    Blog on, Sunday mornings... Time to move on to the next chapters...



No comments:

Post a Comment