Saturday, April 8, 2023

What does THC do to the brain and society?

What does THC do to the brain and society?

    I have been thinking about these questions a lot lately; it is helpful for me to organize my thoughts and ideas in order to take stock of what I am ideating. Perhaps it can help others.

    We know that THC within cannabis has been increasing generally, that the potency of the chemical has gone up. True?
    Does increased potency of THC (the chemical that makes marijuana mind-affecting, in many different ways) cause more extreme reactions, physical and psychological, on those that consume them?

    Makes sense, right?

    Does cannabis or THC cause the smokers or consumers of the weed to have an increased rate of psychosis? Is there scientific and medical evidence for this?

    I think so.

    Does marijuana consumption cause paranoia in the short and long terms?

    I think so.

    Do most people who become active shooters smoke dope?

    Undetermined. But, I think so. Case after case.

    People who go psychotic and kill themselves and others are prone to do these things anyway, no matter their consumption of any other stimulants or chemicals.

    Okay.

    But all these upward trends are pointing in a generally true direction.

    It seems like simple math to me, but I have not always been that great at equations or mathematics. People much smarter and keener than me should either be able to corroborate or debunk these hypotheses or ideas.

    The frustrating thing for me is that too many people advocate the alleged positive effects, both socially and economically, of the recreational use of marijuana.

    I am not talking medicinal marijuana. I am talking recreational usage. I think it is personally abusive, then it becomes a bigger problem.

    Lots of people are getting hurt. Sadly, tragically, horrifically. Almost no one talks about this.

    Television, radio, and the Internet only talk about guns.
    
    Gun control is at the root of mass shootings and active shooters? Pundits and people complain about gun laws. Not pot use. Younger ages of use, higher THC levels, more legally-aided consumption and proliferation...

    Hmmm...


"Until we understand those links, it is nuts to enact lax laws that ­encourage more young people to use a drug proven to trigger mental illness."

See the above link.




No comments:

Post a Comment