Saturday, March 5, 2022

Thinking of Mama on her 8th Anniversary of Passing

Thinking of Mama on her 8th Anniversary of Passing

The day passed like many others. Yesterday. March Fourth.

But I did remember her often. I walked from my barracks and I heard the birds sing.

Asfoor. Ittuyur. Ghorabi.

I made mention of her a few times during the day. I told a joke or two that she shared with me. 

I remarked on some advice that she gave me.

8 years. I remember my mom when I was 8. And 18. and 28. And 38.

When I was 48 it had been 5 years since she was gone.

Such is life. And death.

And longing.

I love and remember my mom.

__________


I was going to write more. But I will end it with that.

I love you. I remember you.

Silly and fun, spiritual and giving.

Blessed and lucky to have her.

She called me, and wrote me over a hundred letters in South America and Utah, her # 1 son.

March Fourth, mom, as your mother Nellie said is the only date mentioned in the Holy Bible.

We will march fourth into eternity, smiling and laughing, and hearing the birds sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment