Monday, March 15, 2021

Writing About Something ... In this case Archie Miller

Writing About Something ... In this case Archie Miller (begun Feb. 26, 2021)

    I am no Ernest Hemingway, nor Franz Kafka, or George Orwell, or James Michener, nor am I an amazing author, great, or famous... or J.D. Salinger, or even a sports writer like my hometown Bob Hammel, or the dozens or hundreds of excellent or super talented writers who have written for Sports Illustrated or the other magazines and newspapers and now blogs and other journals or news outlets across the earth. I am me, and that is good. I am not an Alabama football fan, nor do I like the Los Angeles Lakers. I appreciate or admire them, but I am tired of Tom Brady and his championships. And the other uber winners.

   I like my own teams and players, that lose a lot. Too much. They lose too much, at least in the case of the Indiana Hoosiers. The men's basketball team. I have written on them before. Coach after coach, player after player, squad after squad, and there is me

   I am me; just a guy from my part of the United States with my perspective and interests, and sometimes I have wanted to write the novel that would make me feel accomplished, like a huge portion of people who have ever put pencil or pen to paper, or now in the more modern age 

UPDATE 15 March 2021.

IU is firing Archie Miller.
 
From the day in February that I was writing the above, IU kept losing. So, instead of waiting one more year and saving 7 million or so, Indiana has pulled the plug today.
 
We wish Archie the best, but we need better.


No comments:

Post a Comment