Saturday, April 20, 2019

Bring Them to God, Give them the World

Bring Them to God, Give them the World 

Being a dad is great and not easy. But it is great; (I) wouldn't trade it. 

Having a super mother at your side (which ends up being many sides) is a huge help.

I do the best that I know how. Well, I try. But there are times that I am not the super dad. I struggle to give all the attention as I should.

I can definitely have my selfish moments, and that is tricky.

But I stay the course and I continue to work to be a good father.

Good enough. Well, there's room for improvement.

I know what I was raised with and I feel I know what works.

That involves dedicated religion, worship, belief in Jesus Christ and prophets.

It could seem preposterous. But that is what I know. Family time, dad time is key. I know I can improve.

Work and make money, but render to Caesar what is Caesar's, and render unto God what is God's.

That involves tithing and a commitment of time.

Time.

Being a good dad is spending time and caring.

More of that.

Talking, sharing. Giving, supporting.

Listening.

Laughing, joking, crying ...

I know I cannot do it by myself or with my wife alone.

We have a faith community, we have a God above and an Appointed Savior and a plan to bring eternal happiness.

Work hard, save, give back to those who do the same.

Be a dad and co-citizen with the people who pay it forward and back.

Bring them, and you, to God, to obey His laws. There are many rules, and subsequent blessings.

I cannot give them everything.

I will give them a lot. This is my world.

This will be their future and the world.

I am trying to give it to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment