Monday, March 4, 2019

The Forgotten Chapter--Destination Jalisco (9)

The Forgotten Chapter--Destination Jalisco *(Chapter 9)

It has been years and years; time and memory obscure the details.

This is normal, this is life. Writing about it within the context of a book started 17 years ago is not as normal. Memories come and go, perhaps mostly go. I can get some help from my wife, some pictures, and context clues.

However, this book that I am in the process of writing has taken a long time to write; it covers many years, and it is being written over many years. 

Presently in 2019 I attempt to reflect back on a major Mexican trip that we took back in 2004. I was supposed to have written about it then. Maybe I did? Maybe it is contained on some old hard drive or some forgotten thumb drive, also known as "Pen drive", something I did own and use during and after my last time lived in Chile (2005). Maybe all this memory stuff is a re-hash...

We were attending a Spanish speaking church in 2003-4; we were very involved with Mexicans and Central Americans in the San Bernardino and Muscoy communities. Many of them might have been naturalized, all them wanted to be citizens, more or less.

I was intent on driving as far south in Mexico as comfortable with my pregnant wife and daughter of almost 3. 

I was also intent, in those years, to chronicle the accounts in this, my book on Mexico.

Dreams sublimated. Perhaps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment