Thursday, January 17, 2019

A Few Flu Shots and It's Over

A Few Flu Shots and It's Over

Life is short and fragile.

Recently I got a flu shot. This is maybe my 11th or 12 in my life. 

Growing up I did not regularly get influenza shots. But I seemed to get sick with the flu regularly. I still get the flu despite the shots. But maybe not as much. I also got my tonsils out. Does that help avoid contracting it?

Having the flu is not too fun, especially if you do not recover quickly. And then get sick again, or feel lousy.

If you get a lot of flu shots in life, you might be extremely lucky to get 100 of them. 

That would be an incredible amount. 100.

100. We learn to count that high when we are 5 or so.

100 days of kindergarten, and we are over half way through our first year.

And it is over.

Life is short.

Do what you can.

Shout out to Mary Oliver, poet we have heard on the radio: thanks for your additions to our lives through your life and art.


No comments:

Post a Comment