Sunday, December 9, 2018

Failure Defines Us; Regrouping from It

Failure Defines Us; Regrouping from It

I think that we all fail every day. Most of the failures are not noticeable or notable. Some failures are obvious and large, having an impact beyond the moment of that particular failure.

In our lives we take formal and informal tests. Some of those are on paper, many are physical.

Most tests require mental acuity, reason, wisdom, or knowledge.

Hopefully our failures do not cost the lives of ourselves or others. These are drastic failures.

Most of my life that is a dreaded outcome; to get someone killed, people that you are supposed to live and let live or protect. To avoid that result,  by what most normal people define by successfully avoiding drastic mistakes or failures, one must be diligent and lucky.

But it happens.

I do not think it has happened to me. I hope not.

We all know people who have taken their life, some of whom we had a stake in their life; I do not think I am to be included in those passings. I hope not.

No stupid highway or other accidents have befallen me, or those that I care for or steward. I know a few where that is the case. Tragic accidents and hard to avoid mishaps.

Failures come more frequently to some than others. Some tests are more tangible, such as job opportunities lost and interviews and the application process.

2018 has provided some tests and failures for me.

I tried to avoid failing. I will regroup, I believe. I will continue to advance, to grow, to learn, to adapt and overcome.

I am not defined by my failures, but I am marked by them.

Like scars on the body and in the mind that leave indelible traces. Some scars are ugly and lasting, at least visually and within the psyche.

Thus it ever was.

Move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment