Saturday, August 18, 2018

Whom Do You Work For?

 Whom Do You Work For?


Most of us work; we make money, we pay bills and costs and taxes.

If we live in the United States we pay Uncle Sam. Our tax money goes to infrastructure and the military and host of other things; health and Social Security and government pensions.

If we live in other countries we pay taxes to those governments, usually.

I suppose that people in the EU pay some dues to the European Union, a conglomeration of many nations.

There are local, regional, and international non-profit organizations and charities that many of us support financially.  Some are religions. Some people feel that these groups and organizations and organized religious groups do much good.

I support a few. Mainly, monetarily, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Some accuse this organization of having too much money and/or wasting it.

I definitely do not see it that way.

There is so much poverty and waste worldwide; I see the Church and its members as trying mightily to help others in becoming prosperous, both in the United States and abroad.

We subsidize our tithing payments by abstaining from alcohol and tobacco, even caffeinated coffees and tea.

Pretty genius, or perhaps a great loss at self-medication and recreation.

So be it.

I pay tithing, I feel good about that. I am acting locally and globally.

I feel good about it. I know I do not proscribe to the practices of many fellow Americans or others around the Earth.

But I drink a different Kool-Aid, and it tastes good to me.

That is how I work, pay, pray. I pay taxes to a Higher Cause that I believe in.

And I am happy to do it. I am not trying to give others guilt trips.

I am explaining what makes me content and what I believe in, and tell you whom I believe that I am working for.



No comments:

Post a Comment