Friday, November 11, 2016

Top Twelve Things About You Know Who

 Top Twelve Things About You Know Who


1. When I first met her, she had me at ... whatever she said, that I cannot quite remember, (maybe she can, I can make an educated guess), but suffice it say, whatever she was selling I was buying. Check, please!

2. The last time I ever see her in this life, I'm pretty sure she will smile and cry and be one happy wet mess. And I like that. Not a great thought, really, but better than a smirk or a dismissing sigh.

3.  I was glad to know some of her large family before meeting her, because I kind of felt like Moses exiled in Moab, surrounded by a bunch of young gigglers at the well. You know, the one with all the goats and the thugs when Moses was parched after crossing the Sinai. And then of course she showed up, and it was immediately obvious who Charlton Heston was gonna fall for. Obvious. God and Cecil B. DeMille know how to direct, and all I need to do is follow the script. Thank you God and Mr. DeMille. Great casting!

4. She cooks really well, and not only does she cook, bake, and assemble food items in great quality, but she has an incredible talent for consistently producing more good eats, when maybe some tables and fridges would be running bare. I've never feared hunger in my house. Or even at my work. She can pack food, too!

5. She has cute things all over, but I don't want to embarrass anyone about the details, especially minors, elders, those of mixed company and the 7th fleet of the U.S. Navy. Enough to make a sailor blush! I guess I can surmise it with: I love her all over. Take her toes, for examples ...

6. She is pleased with gestures from me and others, large and small. At the end of the day I am not sure how big of gestures I can come up with, so I am reasonably confident that I have to bet on keeping her with any gestures, even if they don't add up to too much. But with her, it seems like the thought counts.

7. Reason number seven, rhymes with leaven, one word: heaven.

8. She is talented musically and a really good singer.

9. She speaks Spanish and compelled me to go back to one of my favorite second countries, where we stayed for six months. Great memories, a lot of people cannot claim to have done something like that. All that after actively attending a Spanish speaking congregation in the US for two years!

10. Numbers 8 and 9 were prerequisites that I had right after my mission at age 21. By the time I was 28 or so and still very single, I had given up on those dreams of a future mate, being fluent in Spanish and good at music. However, this lady made all my dreams come true!

11. I had another pre-requisite or two of a future spouse when I was a newly returned missionary from South America: she had to be nice and she had to like me. So far, I think we're good.

12.  She is the mother of some pretty awesome kids, and she follows up  with them. I have never seen or heard of anyone better. I'll go with my pick.

13. Yeah, she's worth 13 on a list of top twelve.

No comments:

Post a Comment