Friday, February 26, 2016

Moderation and Balance over Extremism, Hate and Hyper Zeal

Zeal is good: passion for our "great" ideas and principles is good to have and experience and grow with.

But the rest? No.

I did not have Donald Trump in mind when I started this post a few months ago.

But I am a Republican of two decades now, and I fear him.

I do not like many Republicans--let me rephrase that: there are millions of Republicans that I like. But many others seem like boors. Like "The Donald". And more of that distaste started when many of them did not vote for Romney a few years back. People can be dolts. I understand better how Hitler came to power. People are often fooled. And caught up in dangerous tides and waves.

Anyway, I hope all politicians can learn moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment