Saturday, March 21, 2015

Indiana, Our Indiana...On Wisconsin?

2015 March Madness is in full swing, and my Hoosiers are one and done. Again.

I got used to this phenomenon since 1983 or so...The IU boys get bounced early. A lot.

However, they would compensate for early upsets with deep runs...And this made watching the IU Hurryin' Hoosiers a joy.

Alas, there is much left to conquer.

I, as many other Hoosier fans, were encouraged by their play by mid-January of this year. But they played their way out...Injuries, small sizes to begin with...

I did get upset at the refs, (as apparently Tom Crean did and said so to one official after the game, Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said 'you suck' to ref after loss: CBS Sports - See more at: https://indiana.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1748954#sthash.w6pnnw7O.dpuf).

My family heard me yell at the officials from over a thousand miles away.

Three fouls favoring Wichita State in a key stretch set me off. It happened with about 7-9 minutes left. This was a tough game, and the key refereed decisions made a big difference.

One: A Shocker crashed into Hanner Mosquera-Perea under the basket. Hanner was jumping straight up, and the Shocker gets the two free throws. Wrong call.

Troy Williams gets called on a charge at the other end. WRONG CALL.

IU throws it away, but a Hoosier (maybe Rob Johnson) plants himself in front of the basket while another teammate harasses the penetrator. Another two foul shots against IU.

I could have taken 2 of the 3 bad calls, but all three combined just deflate the real chances of a fair game.

And then Baker gets the iffy contact FTs at the end.

All said, I hope WSU nails Kansas. And better officiating, no matter what.

Go IU. Better times next year.

Blog on, EMC.

PS: Oh, yeah: About the Badgers... now that my favorite Big Ten team is done, I would not mind seeing the Cheeseheads win it all. My least favorite teams to win now would be: Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas...Maybe switching the two Carolina teams.

KMPC does not want to say anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment