Friday, May 9, 2014

Nats Around Week 4 or 5, Writers Muse

I meant to write about the Washington Nationals about every week, but that will be nearly impossible, even after lapsing during week four or so.

2014. Still. Good times.

Tonight is Friday, the weather is good tonight in May.

Family is okay. Sweet. Working, learning, playing. Sleeping, napping. All in good time.

Writers write. Workers work. Speakers speak.

Many better writers than myself have dedicated part of their minds' eyes and ink to the "American" game of baseball.

As I was preparing to go abroad for a couple of years, there was a poet laureate who was named Major League Baseball Comissioner, A. Bartlett Giamatti.

He loved the game. I think Hemingway did, too.

I guess I love it. I watch the Nationals, like I have something invested.

The last two weeks have been all right for them in a couple of respects.

The Atlanta Braves tanked a few games. Important. Their offense is not so good.

The Nats have won some games, not beating the world by any means, but holding their own, not getting swept, winning winnable matches...

And tonight? They go on a West Coast trip, and enter the new guy: Doug Fister. Should be another ace, a new acquisition this season.

Harper is out with thumb recuperation till July, Ryan Zimmerman is absent at third, but ample replacements are doing the job.

Anthony Rendon is doing fabulous, LaRouche is a stud with timely hits and ribbies, Werth is good as usual...

The surprising Miami Marlins are surging, but I like the Nats while some real talent is hurt.

And now Mister Fister.

Mister Fister. Sounds great.

We shall see tonight in Oaktown.

GO NATS.
2014 might be the year.

Blog it. EMC.

No comments:

Post a Comment