Monday, April 7, 2014

College Basketball Gods Favoring the Recent Champions---Naismith not far from Storrs

Tonight is UConn versus the University of Kentucky. NCAA Championship. Men's college basketball.

I wanted Wisconsin, as intimated in my last post about basketball; now it will be the 4th ring for the Huskies or the 9th for the Cats. Traveon Jackson missed a last second shot to let UK advance. Like 2012, only that squad was more dominant.

My Indiana team has been close to doubled since their last championship in 1987, compared to UK, when they were tied at five. And if they win it tonight, they will be two away from all time winner UCLA (11).

Ouch. 1992 and 2002 were the closest the Hoosiers have come, while Duke and UConn pour on the banners. Oh yes, and then there is North Carolina. Tied with Indiana all time with 5 since 2009.

5 championship banners. Since when I was not even halfway through high school. I am getting too old for this. It would be great to be young and winning the championships again. OK, I am fine with my age, just need more winners in Bloomington.

And Tom Crean's team seems to flounder with its outgoing talent. And it didn't get the job done last year with four 1,000 point scorers, being ranked #1 much of the year. Last year was disappointing. And maybe this past season was worse.

And the freshmen are doing it again in Lexington, a mere three hours away.

I guess I want the Huskies. They beat IU with a last FG in December, while IU and UK can't agree to play each other.

Enjoy, Kentucky fans. Or UConn. We shall have a shot at you someday. Not sure when.

Blog it. EMC.

No comments:

Post a Comment